Saturday, April 18, 2009

Las Vegas - Penn & Teller, Hotel Riviera, and Elvis

Last month I went to Las Vegas for the Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers.  My paper presentation on agricultural change in North Central Louisiana was well-received, there were many other good presentations, and we conducted business for  some of the professional groups to which I belong.

But there was time to see the sites.  On Sunday, March 22, 2009, my friend from grad school at LSU, John Heppen,  and I saw the Penn & Teller show at the Rio.   I got autographs from both Penn and Teller, and John took photos on his iphone.


Me with Teller (left) and Penn (right). In the photo with Penn, I am holding "Penn & Teller's 'A Perfectly Ordinary Deck of Cards'."

The conference was at the Riviera Hotel, now one of the older hotels on the Vegas Strip.

At the LSU-Texas Party, I had my photo taken with Elvis!


2 comments:

  1. You're lucky. Librarians won't have their first ever Vegas conference until 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the Army conferences are in Iraq & Afghanistan right now; they also last longer than a couple of days. I heard we used to go to other cool places like Mexico, Japan, Germany, Cuba & New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete